Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sidewalk Picnic Nap

Today was such a nice day so after nap and rest time we went in the front yard to eat watermelon. Then I got on the phone and Kellyn saw her chance to be her quirky self. While I was preoccupied with my phone call she got off her scooter and began running in and out the house getting blankets, her ducky, bears and pillow. She had made what she calls a "picnic nap" on our sidewalk by the mailbox. We stayed out there from 4:30 to 6:00! After the watermelon was gone we ate Sunbutter on Graham Crackers then a box of blueberries. Kellyn wanted, "Daddy to find us outside when he got home."
Her sweet baby brother wanted in on the sleeping outside thing too.

I think the quote from the book Chrysanthemum best describes my Kellyn, “Precious and priceless and fascinating and winsome”.

No comments:

Post a Comment