Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Road Trip to Austin

Last year my good friend, Sarah, suggested me as a speaker to her MOPS group in Austin. Last year I drove down by myself and stayed 1 night because the day after my presentation was Kellyn's rescheduled birthday party. They invited me back again this year, but this time I took the kids with me so we could stop off in Round Rock to visit my cousin and her kids.  

This picture cracks me up because The Heidler boys both have their finger in their nose. :)



I presented on Communication that Builds Relationship. Afterwards I was asked to be a guest pinner on pinterest and to do a guest blog post for The Christian Mam's Guide. 
So I'm guest pinning this week (Nov. 5-9). 
http://pinterest.com/weareteachers/guest-pinner-of-the-week/


That night we headed to Round Rock to visit family. The only problem was that within the first hour Kellyn fell about 10 feet out of a tree house and landed flat on her back on the ground. It was very scary, but I stayed calm so as not to freak her out. It knocked the wind out of her and she was sore, but luckily landed flat and not on anything. I feel so guilty because I was standing right under her with my arms up spotting her as she climbed up, but when she lost her footing she leaned to the side a little away from me and mind did not process quickly enough what was happening so I didn't catch her. 

After about an hour on an ice pack and some Advil she ready to play with her cousins again (my cousin's 3 girls). 


Rhett slept on the floor in the room I stayed and wrapped himself up like a mummy with his blankie on his inflatable mattress. Kellyn slept in a nice comfy bed in the other room since her back was sore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment