Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ice again on Max's birthday!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 was Max's 34th birthday and it snowed and iced and schools closed for the 5th day this year. Every year on Max's birthday it seems to either snow or he gets the flu or the stomach bug. Thank God it was just bad weather this year. Also, every year I surprise him with a giant cookie cake in the front seat of his car so he sees it when he leaves for work. This year the kids and I were going to surprise him at work with it, but like I said, the roads were too icy so we had to stay home. We gave it to him to take to work himself, not as exciting and fun, but still yummy and gives him attention on his special day.


We did lots of Valentine's Day crafts last week during the 4 days of ice so the kids and I were kind of done doing crafts. We just played alot this time. Kellyn bedazzeled Maw-maw's laundry basket (which was at our house because Maw-maw did our laundry while I washing machine was broken and returned it in her basket) while Rhett blow dryed his Woody doll's hair.


Later, they doctored the babies. This hospital bed is so cool becaue it makes the sounds a baby would make at a doctor's office, crying, coughing, cooing...

 
Then we played with shaving cream! I used to do this once a week in my 2nd grade classroom to practice spelling. It was so fun, smelled good, and cleaned the desks! Kellyn said it was like playing with snow inside.




After nap I let her watch this Veggie Tales move called A Silly Little Thing Called Love since Valentine's Day is next week. It is such a cute movie and honestly I was exhausted because she had been cranky, moody and cried most of the morning and Rhett made me carry him around all day. He did not want to be set down and left anywhere. If I set him down I had to play with him the entire time or he would fussed. And I can't blame him he just got his cast on the day before and is still figuring out how to maneuver in it to get what he wants.

A few minutes after Daddy got home my parents came over with dinner from Outback and a homemade carrott cake. I had called them earlier to tell them that I was going to order Outback and go get it to surprise him, but they were concerned about me getting out on the icy streets with the kids so they got it for me. Besides, Max loves my mom's carrott cake so he was quite please. 
Kellyn wanted to help Daddy blow out the candels. Of course she changed out of her pajamas and into a princess dress just in time to help :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment