Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Play dates with High school Friends

We are finally all stay-at-home moms! So now we get to hang out more together. It all started when Kristin invited the 3 of us (me, Jennifer P. and Jennifer W.) and our 6 kids over to play with her and her 2 kids at their house in Dallas back December. Kristin, Jennifer P. and I were all cheerleaders together. Jennifer W. was on drill team, but with a graduating class of only about 40 students we were all good friends from elementary on. Now as moms we are getting to hang out again and our kids are becoming friends.


The girls had lunch and painted ornaments inside at Kristin's house. I don't think Cade and Caden spent the entire time driving each other's tractors outside. I stole these pics off of Kristin's blog because I totally forgot my camera.

For Christmas Max and I gave each other a flat screen t.v. that he waited in line for at 3 in the morning the day after Thanksgiving and bookshelves from Ikea for toy storage. I announced this on facebook. Jennifer P. said she wanted to see it so I said to come on over for a play date. Then our old friend, Kate, who lives in Houston now saw my reply and said she would be in town that weekend for New Year's visiting her family and would love to see all of us. Then we invited Angie, Kristin, and Jennifer W to join us. It was so fun to all get together, but we all decided that next time we want to do it without kids so we can enjoy some Mommy Juice and hear each other talk and ourselves think.
The boys eating outside at my house. The girls eating inside at my house.
Cade, Caden, Kendall, Kylie, and Kellyn. That's a mouth full.
You would think that at my own house I would remember to take pictures, but I didn't, too busy hosting I guess. So I stole these pictures from Jennifer W's page.

On Monday, Jennifer P. invited us all over to her house for another play date. This time I remembered my camera!
Kellyn (4) and Kylie (4) have been friends since birth. They are 4 weeks apart. 

The boys played inside the playhouse. Boys just love to cook.

The babies: Graham (4 months old)  and Landry (4 months old)


They are only 1 day apart!

Their big brothers: Cade (3) and Caden (3) are 3 months apart.
The girls' baby brothers: Rhett (19 months) and Charlie (7 months) are 1 year apart. Both born in June.
     

Rhett and Cade had fun ringing the doorbell on Kylie's playhouse that her daddy, Jacob built, who also went to Liberty with all of us.



Kylie, Kellyn and Rhett enjoyed tickling baby Graham and watching him laugh while the moms tried to talk as best we could with 8 kids around. I'm so glad we are making a habit of getting together these days. Friendships new and old are so important. We just have to make the effort to nurture them so they will last and last and last. I love that my good high school friends have merged into becoming valued mommy friends as well. See all our kids together make me feel better about my kids not having cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment