Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mud Mania Monday

It came a good ole Texas thunderstorm the wee hours of Monday morning. The much needed spring rain left a small portion of our yard damp. The kids began to play in it, but quickly decided it wasn't wet enough and that they wanted mud not damp dirt so they got out the water hose and began to make it very muddy. This all happened between 8 and 9 in Monday morning. They were covered in mud so I dunked them in the bath by 9:30 so as to make it to our playgroup time at the park. I did not take pictures of this although I should have because that was when they were the muddiest.
These pictures below are of the 2nd mud fest. During Rhett's nap time Kellyn again turned on the water hose and began to make even more mud. This time I grabbed my camera.




Big Boy Rhett woke up and joined us in the mud.


When they were finally done I had them sit on the towel so I could pull them to the bathroom to take a 3rd and final bath for the day. They liked this a lot! I did it earlier when Kellyn had to go potty and called it the potty train. This time we called it the bathtub train. :)

The faces.
Rhett even had mud in hair.
 
The Feet.

The bath.
 Rhett likes to float on his back in the bath so as to demonstrate what he learned in swim lessons I guess. Silly guy. And Kellyn is blowing bubbles with a straw.

The End Result.

They sure do love playing in the mud and I am happy to provide that fun memory for them (and me).

No comments:

Post a Comment