Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Party That Wasn't



So today was supposed to be the day of Kellyn's 5th Birthday Party. It was an Alice in Wonderland theme and I had been collecting things for it since the end of the Spring. I had enlisted help from friends and family and been staying up late every night to get all the details done. By the time night fell on the eve of the party our yard had been officially transformed into a beautiful and fun Wonderland. Cards, butterflies, and chandelier hanging from the trees, croquet game set up, pinata ready and much more, so much more. However, at 7:00 this morning the birthday girl entered our room and awoke her Mommy, who was only half asleep because she was thinking of everything that still needed to be done for the party today, and said she felt like she was going to throw up. I put her on the couch and turned on a show with the trash can near her. She did indeed get sick. By 10:00 she had gotten sick a few more times so I cancelled this beautiful party. Luckily everyone said that next Saturday actually worked better for them anyways. So it will all work out and we will just celebrate next week. The most adorable Alice in Wonderland cake you have ever seen is in my mom's deep freezer. Praying it will still be delicious and beautiful next week. And I have the cookies in my freezer also praying they will keep well until next week. 
I have not seen it in person, but my friend, Robin Gibson, made it and sent me this picture.  Just perfect!

While I did have to do quite a few loads of laundry today and clean the floor many times it wasn't all bad. Since we didn't have the party today I had time to go get my very first iPhone. Yesterday Max bought himself the new iPhone 4s and me the iPhone 4. But I still needed to get my contacts transferred over to my new phone and pick out a case for it. So Max stayed with the kids so I could get that done today and now I'm like a kid in a candy shop. There is so much to learn and do and play with. It is just a ridiculous time waster and it quickly reminded me of why I did not want my phone to be connected to the internet in the first place. However, I do love having access to my email and GPS on my phone. When I got back from the AT&T store I drove up to Max and Rhett washing Max's truck. Then Rhett offered to wash Mommy's car. I love that he had to wear his hard hat and rain boots with his pajamas. :) Silly boy.

Just yesterday Max and I were offered tickets to tonights Texas Ranger's game. If they win they will go to the World Series (which they did) so I really wanted to go. It was going to be cutting it close, but we felt that we could do Kellyn's party then leave for the game soon after. Well, I obviously couldn't go with sick kid at home so Max ended up inviting Cooper in place and they went with Max's parents. I actually started crying when they left. I wanted out of this house so bad and just wanted to kick back and enjoy the game with my man. But alas, that was not meant to be for this momma tonight. :(  Not to mention the fact that some of my other friends were out celebrating their birthdays at Joe T's so all I could think about was how I was missing fun at the game and fun at the restaurant and nothing to show for it. No satisfaction exhaustion from hosting the perfect party, nope, just a stinking messy house. But my baby girl needed me and I wouldn't have left her side for anything or anyone. 


For the first time tonight I rented a movie off of Video on Demand all by myself and it was a pretty good one too. So Rhett curled up with his baby doll and watched a Tinker Bell movie with his sick Sissy. :)

 Then I bathed them (her for the 2nd time today) and put them to bed and indulged in some dark chocolate almonds from Sprouts while watching the Ranger's game all alone. Not the day I had planned by any means, but I love being a mom and it is just part of the job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment