Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We always do Thanksgiving with Max's family in Arlington. However, this year his parents hosted it instead of his aunt so we were in McKinney.

Max mom made a turkey cheese ball and the kids wanted a picture with it. :) It was delicious. 

Max had a rash on his head so I tried to crop it out and at 7 months pregnant I look like, to quote the movie Tommy Boy, "Fat guy in a little coat."


We left McKinney around 3:30 p.m. and headed to Loving, Tx. to spend the night at my parent's property/ trailer park in the wilderness. :)

Max is always feeding Henry the donckey cookies. 

The kids had fun driving and riding on the 4-wheeler. 


Early Friday morning Max shot a huge, 300 lbs. hog. 


Max killed a hog and I caught some fish! 
Rhett's really taken to fishing with me. He makes a great fishing buddy. He stays quiet and whispers and watches his bobber like hawk. :)

It was fun a weekend and so nice to have Max off work for 4 days! We have so much to be thankful as we do every Thanksgiving. 

"The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving." ~H.U. Westermayer

This quote really puts it into perspective and makes me feel so selfish and really think how ungrateful we have become as a nation. The Pilgrims still thanked God for the little they had even after burying their family and friends. What a testament of faith and what our country was founded on.
They really took 1Thessalonians 5:18 "Give thanks in all circumstances" to heart. I wish I did. I pray I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment