Friday, December 3, 2010

Nativity Scenes from around the world

I collect nativity scenes and Kellyn loves to see Baby Jesus. So Max and I took the kids to the Carrollton Community Nativity. Kellyn ran around from table to table excitedly pointing out Baby Jesus in the vastly different Nativity Scenes. It was so interesting to see how different parts of the world view the manger scene and wise men. They made of glass, wood, ceramic, marble, ivory, inside snow globes, boats, cupcakes...


Away in a manger, no crib for His bed, The little Lord Jesus lay down his sweet head.


The stars in the sky looked down where He lay. The little Lord Jesus, asleep on the hay.



The cattle are lowing, the poor Baby wakes, But little Lord Jesus, no crying He makes;



I love Thee, Lord Jesus, look down from the sky And stay by my cradle till morning is nigh.
(That is a real newborn baby!)

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay, Close by me forever, and love me, I pray!
(This one would look nice in my dad's veterinary clinic.)

Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care And take us to heaven, to Live with Thee there.
(Germany)
(Germany)

I thought it was neat to see Mary holding Baby Jesus in a boat.







But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. -Luke 2:10

(There is a tiny little Snoopy and Charlie Brown at the top of this package.)


"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord." -Luke 2:11

"This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." -Luke 2:12

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment