Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Birthday Barrel

My brother came over on Friday to install a rain barrel at our house.
It was my birthday gift from him and my mom.

But when he got here he was very upset to find just how clogged our gutters were and proceeded to clean them for us. I don't think we had ever cleaned them in the 5 years we've lived in this house. Of course he lectured us on how it basic home ownership responsibilities and whatever. Then he lectured us on how St.Augustine grass is what's wrong with America because it requires so much water. We had just planted it to cover up the dirt and mud under all the trees. We love it, but Jacob was not a fan.


Kellyn was super excited to help! She handed her Uncle Jacob things and watched him on the roof and climbed the ladder herself to see what all he was doing, but Rhett....not so much. He just wanted to play in the water that we were wasting to keep our St. Augustine grass alive.



Again, while Kellyn was anxious to see what Uncle Jacob was going to do next Rhett just played with mud.

After a hard days work they needed to rest with a snack and watch the basketball game.

Jacob came back on Sunday, my birthday, with the pipe he needed to reroute the spout so I could put the barrel where I wanted it. He also put an overflow pipe to front yard. I love it and now I want another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment