Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day/My Birthday

My birthday fell on Mother's Day this year so I called it My Double Day.

Rhett is just never going to smile for pictures. I might as well just give it up.
Kellyn wanted to wear my jewelry to church. :)


After church we went to Max's parent's house for lunch.

After lunch Max wanted me to go to the Stonebriar mall to pick out my birthday present even though he already knew what it was going to be. He said it was store that the kids couldn't go to. So his parents followed us to the mall and took the kids to ride the carosal while we went to The Apple Store! He bought me a new lap top, a Mac Book Pro.

When we got home Rhett went down for a nap and Kellyn finished her Mother's Day gifts for Mimi and Maw-Maw. She painted and decorated rocks with feather and felt for them. :)

The Moms

Kellyn giving Maw-maw the picture she made for her.

It was a super busy day as was the day before with 2 birthday parties, but it was good. And that evening we released our butterflies.  



Every Mother's Day seems to mean something so different for me every year based on how old my kids are. I mean, when they were babies you really appreciate being able to snuggle them and are so joyful about the new life God has chosen to place in your arms, you don't even care about the lack of sleep. Then as they get older and they make you pictures or pick you a flower it just melt your heart and you begin to really value your sleep. I know Mother's Day is supposed to be a day to show mom how much you appreciate all she does for you, but really you could never show that amount of appreciation and gratitude. And really I am just so grateful to God that he chose me to be a mother and that He hand picked these 2 kids to be raised by me. As a mom I feel guilty all the time, but on Mother's Day I get to relax and remember that if God didn't think I could do this Mommy thing He wouldn't have entrusted His kids with me. So If God trusts me not to screw them up then I have to have faith that I can do it even on my worst days. And praise God he gave me lots of good role models in my family and friends. What a blessing to have so many great mommy friends in my life to help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment