Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend at the Lake

The Pattersons invited us out to their lake house in Bridgeport on Saturday. Sadly Max had to work, but I didn't want to stay home with the kids all day and have them get it all messy before Rhett's party so we went with my brother, Jacob.

 
Rhett is as protected from the sun as possible.
 
Jacob Patterson, Nathan, and my brother all on the wave runner together!
  
While the guys were out wake skating we swam in the lake.

Me and Jennifer with our girls and Rhett. Charlie was taking a nap. Summyr took this picture. Her son, Beck was napping as well. She had just told me that she is expecting their second child in mid December!

Two friends sitting on the porch.

Rhett trying to make his way down to see his sister while Uncle Jacob is talking in the background.

It was a fun, but quick trip. The kids did not fall asleep during the almost 2 hour ride back to my parents house where we dropped off my brother and picked up my dog. This surprised me seeing as how they had not had any kind of nap or rest time and had been swimming in the hot sun. Not to mention sliding and running around the neighbor's bounce house water slide. Rhett did, however, fall asleep 5 minutes before we got home! Luckily I bathed them and put their pjs on a the lake house so I just transferred him straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment