Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Maroon Wall

I recently read this article about a bunch of Texas A&M students who lined together to protect a soldier's grieving family from a church that was going to protest the funeral forming a maroon wall. It gave me chills and made me cry like a baby. I cannot comprehend how a church could possibly justify protesting at another church the funeral of someone who gave his life for their freedom. Why? What makes people think this ok? Do they believe that God supports this? Horrible! Despicable! Inconceivable! The picture of his son holding the flag and crying just breaks my heart. How could that pastor think God wants him to protest that innocent little boy in his desperate time of grief. That is not God breathed by any means. My beautiful Aggie family gathered around this precious family in their darkest hour. One church protesting another church with a public institution in the middle. That's crazy! I could not be prouder to be a member of such an elite organization as the Texas Aggies. We are truly a band of brothers and sisters. There is a spirit can ne'er be told... It is amazing that while Texas A&M University is not a Christian school it produces graduates who behave like it. It's been called the friendliest campus in Texas. I am exceptionally proud to be an Aggie and an American. Thank you, Lt. Col. Roy Tisdale, for your service and thank you Ryan Slezia for organizing such a lovely thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment