Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Flying Metal on the Highway

On Monday, November the 12, (I know the exact day because since I got married on April 12 and my first born was born on October 12 the number 12 had been my lucky number, but it didn't feel lucky on this day or was it.) I buckled Rhett and Elan in the car at 12:45 as normal and we headed off to pick up Kellyn from school at 1:00. However, on the way there I was just minding my own business, driving in the right lane down the same short stretch of highway I drive every single week day, when all of sudden I heard a "ping!" to my left. The corn of my eye caught a glimpse of a piece of metal hit the highway then bounce up and fly towards me! It was so frightening. I just knew it was going to hit my windshield! But it didn't. It sounds like a baseball hit my hood. When I got to her school I got out expecting to see a small dent. Instead I found a large crater. 


I'm telling you the only reason that thing didn't go through my windshield was because God sent his angels to surround my minivan and protect us. There is simply no other reason. And I don't know if you can see in the middle of the dent is a perfect number 7. Max first noticed the 7 when he got home to assess the damage. We believe it is a reminder of God's shield of protection over us. We had recently been through a lot of turmoil and this just topped it off to make us feel like Satan was trying to attack us for honoring God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment