Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Weatherford Peach Festival

My brother recently moved to Weatherford, Tx. which is only 1 hour away from where we live. This is the closest he has ever lived and he actually bought a house. So we invited ourselves to spend the night and go to the Parker County Peach Festival.


It was so fun with lots to see and do. We bought lots and lots of fresh peaches and saw everything peach: peach cobbler, peach jelly, peach jam and preserves; peach butter, peach cupcakes, cake balls, cookies; peach tea, peach juleps, peach honey, peach wine, beer and even moonshine. I did the festival twice; first in the morning with kids then again in the afternoon with adults. My parents and I took the kids that morning while Max and Jacob participated in the Peach Pedal bike ride. 


Kellyn enjoyed getting her hair done while I enjoyed some peach cobbler with a peach julep and my dad bought Rhett a toy. 


The hit of the kid festival was this ball on water thing.
Once my parents and the kids were done we got back on the bus and headed back to Jacob's house. About that time Max and Jacob were getting in from their ride. They still wanted to go to the festival to see what all the hype was about so I willingly ditched the kids with my parents and went a 2nd time. ;)
 
The main thing I wanted that the kids weren't willing to wait in line with me for was this cool metal mug from Wild Bills Old Fashioned Soda Pop Co.


There was so much more to see and shop without the kids! Max even bought me an adorable shabby chic window that says, "Welcome Friends and Family" to hang above our fire place.
It was so nice to leisurely shop without hearing the kids complain about it or worrying they would break something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment