Thursday, August 28, 2014

Four Kids for Five Days

So my friend, Amy, that I used to teach with, is still in education. She got to go to NYC the first week of August for an educator  training for 1 week! She asked me to babysit her daughter, Lauren, during the day for 5 days while she was gone and her husband was at work. I used to baby-sit Lauren when she was 4 to 6 months old. She screamed a lot! Now she is 2 1/2 and we have since added another human to our family. 

By day 3 we invited friends over to help keep us entertained in the house and break up our week a little. 

Bo had a baby playdate with Carson. They are less than 24 hours apart!

We may have taught Lauren some bad habits like how to build an alligator swamp, sword fight, and play soft ball in the house. Ooops!


On the last day we took her with us to Rhett's very last playgroup with the Carrollton Early Childhood PTA. 
I forgot how much I like Kid Country Park in Coppell. It's a good combo of Hope Park in Frisco and the old wooden Mary Heads Carter Park in Carrollton. 
My friend, Megan Graham, was so sweet to take some pictures of my kids at our last playgroup. We've been in 2 playgroups with them and she has taken some great pics of our kids over the years. 


I can't brag on Kellyn enough for how much she helped out with Lauren all week. I am so blessed to have her. 

I totally took 4 kids to the park by myself in August and lived to tell about it! To celebrate I let the kids cool off in the "pool." 
We taught Lauren how to kick back and white-trash-it Dixon style.




So while Lauren was in our care she dressed like a ballerina, played soft ball in the house, got muddy digging an alligator swamp, rode a scooter, went to the park, splashed in a white trash pool and went home hot, sweaty, hungry and asking for a new toy. I'ld say all in all it went pretty well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment