Thursday, May 28, 2015

We Bought a House!

Well, God has answered yet another prayer. We found a house! On our first day of looking and before we even closed on our house. It was the first day we were pending on our house and were actually able to make an offer on a house. We only looked at 2 houses that day, but as soon as I saw this house I fell in love with it. It's in Flower Mound only 6 minutes from my dad's veterinary clinic my grandmother's house. It has a white kitchen, beautiful hardwood floors throughout, and all the bedrooms are upstairs together! Max is the one that found it on realtor.com and told me to go look at it. It's so updated and gorgeous and move in ready. I can't even believe it. I never imagined in a million years we would find a house this nice. I didn't even need a house this nice. I was fine with updating later and taking down wallpaper, but none of that is necessary in this french country/shabby chic theme home! It's all thanks to my friend and realtor, Kelley Dillon working her magic. Right as we were leaving the house after looking at it Kelley asked what my dad's name was and the name of his vet clinic. I thought that was odd, but she said it's worth a shot to see if the owners know him. We need anything to make us stand out. Our offer beat out a cash offer that was $20,000 above asking price! They said it was because I wrote a heartfelt letter introducing our family and why this house would be so perfect for us. They chose us because they also have 4 kids and could identify with our situation. Plus their real estate agent has been a long time client of my dad's for 10 years and friends with one of the girls that has worked at the vet clinic for that long! God is amazing! He had His hand in this from the beginning. 

Here is the letter I wrote:

Dear Lybbert Family, 
Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, as we introduce our family to yours. We have been married for 12 years and are both from the area, Bartonville and Richardson. We are currently living in Carrollton and are self-employed as we own a physical therapy staffing agency. I used to teach 2nd grade and was a school counselor in Lewisville ISD, but am now a stay-at-home mom to our 3 children, ages 8, 6, and 15 months, plus we are unexpectedly expecting our 4th child this September. :) We are moving to Flower Mound to be close to family who are willing to help us with our growing brood. 
We have fallen in love with this house and this neighborhood. I love that all 4 of the bedrooms are on the same floor so we could hear our babies easily in the night and our big kids really want a pool. Our 8 year old and 6 year old currently attend Lakeland Christian Academy in Lewisville, but with 4 kids we arent sure how long we can keep them there and will either homeschool (which this house would accommodate well) or choose a good public school for which this house is zoned.
We would be honored to be the next owners of your home, where we can begin to raise our large family. We believe that having a strong home is essential to raising a Christ-centered family and feel your home would be the perfect fit for ours. We hope our offer to purchase your home portrays the deep love and desire we have for it, and the care you put into it over the years. We would like to enjoy it and care for it, just as much as you have. 
We can picture ourselves swimming in the backyard, cooking dinners together, taking walks to the park down the road, and creating a lifetime of memories. 
If our offer were accepted, it would truly be an answer to our prayers. 
Sincerely, 
The Dixons


Let me explain something about this market right now. It is not like it was 9 years ago when we bought our current house. Back then it was a buyers market. We offered well below listing price back then and because they needed to sell quickly they took our offer and we got a great deal! Fast forward 9 years later and the market in Dallas/Ft. Worth is a sellers market. There are 4 huge companies, Verizon, Kabuta Tractor, Toyota, and 1 more I forgot, moving into the D/FW metroplex and are hiring thousands of people from places like California and Chicago. Places where they can sell their 3 bedroom, 2,000 sq.ft. home for $600,000 and move into a home the same size in Texas for only $240,000. Us Texans are up against all cash offers. We offered $12,000 over listing price and didn't expect to get the house. We've been told to not expect to get the first 3 or 4 houses you make offers on. There are not enough houses for sale to accommodate all these people coming in. You have to have something that makes you standout as a potential buyer. Hence the letter and dropping my dad's name. 

Here is our new home: It is 2,957 sq. ft. with 2.5 bathrooms. 
(I just pulled these pics off the MLS listing)

Clearly this owner is an interior designer or something. I doubt our furniture will look this amazing in this home. 

I love their dinning room table with them mismatched chairs! I may have to recreate this myself one day, but for now we have decided to put a ping pong table in the dinning room since we will get more use of that. :(


This room is right off the kitchen will be our craft and toy storage room.

I have asked if they want to sell this awesome couch. 


Oh this kitchen! 

So gorgeous!

There is a bonus room at the top of the stairs.


Kellyn's room! She has her own sink in her room!


The master!





The salt water pool!


I was really looking for a huge backyard, but the inside of the house was just too nice to pass up and we thought a pool is good for all ages. They would outgrow a swing set, but not a pool plus there is enough yard to still have a playhouse and sandbox for the babies. And I really wanted a pool because my big kids LOVE to swim and with 2 babies I would not be able to take them to the community pool that much. I would have always say no because the babies are taking a nap or because it's too hot for the babies or because it's just too hard to take 2 babies to the pool and still kept track of everyone. Plus if we have a pool people will want to come to our house to swim which is good since it will be hard of me to get out the first year or two. Hopefully we can have friends over all the time and keep my social life going. ;) Rhett loves that it has a hot tub. :) He calls it a hot pool. 

We are so excited and can't wait to close on June 15 then get the keys on June 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment