Monday, May 18, 2015

SURPRISE Gender Reveal!

We may have told our friends and family a little white lie about when our sonogram appointment was. What happened was that it was originally scheduled for Wednesday, May 13, but then had to be rescheduled and they were actually able to reschedule it for the day before on Tuesday, May 12 at 11:30 a.m, but we took this as our chance to have a secret just between us and not have everyone hound us and immediately start asking, "Well?" "What is it?" "Did you find out?" Plus this way if Kellyn and Rhett didn't know when we were going to find out then they wouldn't be thinking about it all day at school and ask the minute I picked them up. So we decided to tell everyone our appointment was rescheduled to Monday, May 18. This would give us time to think about how to tell the news and make it a fun surprise. 


After the appointment Max and I decided to wait 2 days before telling everyone. This would give me time to special order cupcakes with the correct coloring filling inside so that when we bite it you would see if it was pink or blue. On the way home from the appointment I stopped a Merange Cupcakes in Plano to cash in a Groupon I bought there. I thought I was going to place this special order, but the owner said I couldn't do it with my basic groupon for a dozen cupcakes and it was going to cost too much. So I just bought a dozen cupcakes they already had ready to go, called Max, and he said to go ahead and do it that night while the cupcakes were fresh. Then at 4:15 I texted everyone to come over at 7:00 that night to find out who #4 would be, a he or a she. Our kids still had no clue what were planning, but our neighbors did and when Rhett went across the street to ask the neighbor kid to come over to play, unbeknownst to me, she told him she would be over for the party later. Well, Rhett was confused and told Kellyn that Taryn wanted to come over to our house for a party. So naturally my kids began to decorate and prepare for a party. :) It worked out great and was so funny! Kellyn initially set up a picnic party for herself and her brothers and the neighbor, but then decided she needed to do more so they moved inside and taped ribbons on the walls. :)



Here I told them about the actual party. 

The big reveal!






To say Kellyn was excited would be the understatement of the year. I had been trying to prepare her for the chance that it could be boy, but she wasn't hearing it and told me to stop thinking of boy names because it was a girl and that she wouldn't talk to me if I had another boy. :) Plus, after finding out her good friend, Addison, was getting a sister we saw her praying in bed for a sister herself. Addison's mom, Dedra, is also pregnant with their 4th and have the same birth order of kids as us! Girl, boy, boy, girl! Unbelievable! And we are due 1 week apart. What fun. God isn't making me go through this alone. He gave a pregnancy buddy. 

While we were at the sonogram I made the sono tech really double check to be absolutely positive it was girl before telling our daughter she was getting a sister. We told the sono tech about our little lie of when the appointment was and she said that it was very smart. 
We're starting to figure things out by #4. We'll be just fine. :)



We are thrilled to have an even number. Please continue to pray for us as this is going to be so hard and stressful while joyful and rewarding all the same time. God is good and we continue to count all the big and small blessings he showers upon us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment