Sunday, November 15, 2015

Priscilla's First 3 weeks of Life


Of course my dad surprised us with another yard sign. :)
The neighbors sure know us now. 


The kids fight of over who gets to hold her. 

Bo is fascinated with her belly button. :)



Trying to get a group picture is the most difficult thing with a 19 month old.


Just her and I in the middle of the night. She is a great nurser and thanks to my placenta pills I have plenty of milk. Our first night home (the day the she was born) she was up all night wanting to suck. I tried to get her to relax her head on my chest to sleep, but if we touched skin to skin she would begin rooting. All I had was colostrum so I guess she's just a hungry one or just has a very strong sucking reflex. Finally on the third day my milk came in and she could get full enough to settle down. My struggle with breastfeeding once again is having enough fat in my milk. So I'm back on my steak and beer diet. 

Bo runs to check on her every morning. 

Sweet baby chubby cheeks. Where did they come from? None of our others had these. 

Rhett surprised us one morning with making his own healthy lunch all by himself without being asked. Oh happy day! I struggle to make lunch in my exhausted stooper. 

Sweet sleeping baby. My friend Sarah Durrant gave us this pretty blanket from Pottery Barn.

Our new neighbors brought us dinner and this delicious dessert. They are all so sweet and kind to take care of us in our time of need. I'm going to eat it and enjoy it and say it's good for breast milk. :)

Bo and Priscilla's first bath together. My mom helped me bathe them to get them ready for Priscilla's newborn pictures. Stephanie requests that you give the baby a bath about and hour before you leave the house so they are good and worn out and relaxed enough to sleep through the session. 

Baby yawns are cute, but baby mittens are irritating. Four kids later and I still have not unlocked the secret of how to keep those things on both hands at the same time. They have been a thorn in my postpartum side every time! We are constantly looking for the mysteriously missing mitten. Baby duct tape? 

Tired exhausted momma needing a nap, but too in love with her very last baby to close her eyes. So we lay and rest together while big brother naps. 

After school snuggles with their babies. Rhett with his and Kellyn with hers. Babies for everyone!

Rhett LOVES holding this baby at night when they are alone while Kellyn takes her shower and Bo is asleep. He said he likes it when her tiny foot kicks his face. :) He'll be a great dad one day considering all the babies he's had to help me take of, Lauren, Elan, Bo, and now Priscilla. 
 

My girls lounging on a rainy day. 

My sweet friend, Dedra, made this hat for Priscilla and a matching one for her baby Taryn who is only 10 days younger. I love this sweet soft picture of her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment