Monday, January 11, 2016

Kellyn's 9th Birthday!

So I began planning Kellyn's party in August 2 months before her birthday in October because I was due to have a baby 3 weeks before her 9th birthday!
She wanted a rock star party. I knew I would not be up to pulling off what she wanted while caring for a newborn so I googled searched and found this sweet lady and her teenagers at The Royal Party Room. They come to your home and set up, bring the cake, play games, paint nails, and put on a karaoke show. She asked me to send her a pic of Kellyn for this framed magazine cover that is included in the package. This was all a 9 year old's dream come true. 

Kellyn really likes the movie, The Dependents so Max surprised her with her first poster of the movie. 






I was 3 weeks postpartum hear, but having fun with my first born. 



We sent Rhett and Bo to my parents house for the night since all the little girls were going to stay until 9:00 for a mini sleepover. But we kept Priscilla hidden away in the playroom with all the girls' blankets and pillows. :)




My dad surprised us once again with a giant yard sign from Dallas Yard Greetings!




Oh my darling diva.

Half way through the party my dad shows up with his gift for Kellyn, her very own iPod! So she won't have to use our ancient CD player anymore. 

Oh my sweet baby, the one who made me momma. 

Pics with the fam, her Jo-Jo and Priscilla. 


My mom made homemade ice cream!

The Rock Star Party was from 4:00-6:00 then while they packed up and left I had the girls go into the dinning room to watch Kellyn open presents, write sweet birthday messages to her on butcher paper, and use tattoo pens to draw on each other. :) Max managed this while I nursed the baby.

Then it was time for breakfast for dinner!
Max made pancakes and bacon and we provide a yogurt bar. 

Then it was time for the movie, Descendants.
It is a musical about the kids of the fairy tale characters.

Priscilla's first mini sleepover. :)



The movie ended just in time for the parents to arrive at 9:00 p.m. and take them home. I think they felt like they did all the fun sleepover things. They even had a pillow fight during the movie.
 Happy 9th Birthday, Kellyn. What a beautiful young lady you are becoming before my very eyes. I am blessed beyond belief to be your mom and your siblings are so lucky to have you lead them. We love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment