Thursday, January 20, 2011

Homemade Granola

First of all, I cannot take credit fot this. It was featured on a email newsletter I subscribe to called DFWMama. She called it Carrott Cake Granola. I just tricked up the recipe based on what I had or didn't have in my pantry and it turned out great. Max loved eating warm granola fresh out of the oven.

Start by preheating your oven to 250 degrees and in a large bowl combine 3c. of Old Fashioned Oats, 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar, 2 tsp. Cinnamon and 1/2 c. chopped pecans.

In a separate bowl, combine 1 c. grated carrots. I chopped the carrots in a food processor to get a fine texture.- along with the carrots add 1/4 c. Olive Oil, 1/4 c. plus 2 TBSP. Real Maple Syrup, 3/4 tsp. Kosher Salt. Mix the oats into the carrots and stir to combine.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Spread on a baking sheet and cook for 1 hour and 15 mins. – stir every 15 mins to get an even color, the granola will crisp when out of the oven. Remove from oven when brown so as to avoid burning. Instead of stirring I flipped the granola onto another piece of aluminum foil. It worked better for me than stirring and spilling.


Hot, fresh, carrott granola right out of the oven. Mmm mmm, good!

Kellyn wanted sprinkles on her granola so I suggested we put whipped cream
on top so she could see her sprinkles. It was so yummy this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment