Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Crawling Caterpillars

We got our caterpillars the 2nd week of April. They were so tiny. I ordered them from insect lore. I already had the butterfly pavilion left over from when I taught 2nd grade so I just had to order the caterpillars. Here are some of the books we read about caterpillars and butterflies.




They grew so fast!!


Kellyn said that, "first they grew long and then they grew fat. And then they circled around on the ceiling to find just the right spot. Then they pulled their hard cocoon up around them."


Rhett loves looking at them. He always points to the cup on the right and says, "Mine."

Our 1st cocoons begin to form.


We caught one in the process of spinning it's chrysalis!!

 

 Once all they were all in their cocoons I pinned them to the inside of the pavilion. And now we wait.
We used this waiting time to memorize the "butterfly" verse from our Truth Cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment