Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wet and Wild Wednesday

It has been raining all day and there are no story times at the Library so we are home bound today. Our friend, Judy, gave Rhett this awesome bus for Christmas just yesterday. She found it at a garage sale and it looks brand new! This could not have come at a better time considering all the rain outside today. She also gave Kellyn this purple dress and sequin top which she loves! There is nothing a 5 year old girl loves more than sequins and glitter.
Rhett loves his new bus! He calls himself the bus driver, tells us to give him his ticket, he "punches" it then hands it back to us and asks us where we want to go, then he says, "We're here! All out!" Even Miss Lily got in it during nap time when no one was looking.

After a while the kids really wanted to outside and play in the rain and since it was only misting we decided to take Miss Lily for a walk. I was worried that if waited until tonight to walk her it might be a much heavier rain by then as predicted.


So I pulled the kids in the wagon behind me while I walked my high maintenance first born in front of me. Kellyn took some Christmas book along to read to Rhett. She is such a sweet big sister. And everyone enjoyed the time outside despite the rain.
(These are my first few pictures using Instagram. I am loving that app.)



When we got back from our walk I broke it to the kids that I needed to go to the grocery store. We were out of all the necessities or I would just wait until Kellyn was at preschool tomorrow. They didn't want to go and said they were to weak and exhausted and could only go handle going on a walk and not anywhere else. Well, Kellyn spoke for the both of them. But I told them they could have 2 Energy Bites to help them be able to make it to the store and that perked them right up. They were in the car within minutes! (I found the recipe on Pinterest of course, but instead of flax seed I add Chia seeds and we all love them.)

After we got home from our quick trip to Kroger we ate lunch then had some Frozen Hot Chocolate, again from Pinterest. Although, I would use only 1 Tablespoon of Coco Powder instead of 2, add little more milk, and double the Maple Syrup. Kellyn helped me make it yesterday so today all we had to do was pop it out of the freezer and into the blender. 

Then after nap time Daddy came home early so we went to Bass Pro Shops' Santa's Wonderland that evening.  

Kellyn got my phone and took this cute picture of her tiny nativity scene in the hallway. I kind of love it that she posed it there and took it's picture so we could all see Christmas through her eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment