Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Saturday Shower and Sunday Morning


On Saturday we went to a couples baby shower for Michael Spillman and his wife Keri to welcome baby David Michael. I made this diaper cake for them. The nursery is a vintage car theme. 



Max shaved his mustache the night before, but not his beard. So now he looks like Abe Lincoln. :)



My dad came to my house to watch the kids while Max and I went to his house where my mom was hosting the baby shower. When the shower was over Dad brought the kids to his house where they ate dinner and Max and I went to drive around and look at houses in Highland Village. We went back to pick up the kids around 7:15 and were back home in Carrollton by 8:00. Rhett fell asleep in the car because he refused to take a nap. I think he knew it was Saturday and he didn't want to miss anything, but he really underestimates how much he needs his nap. When I go to lay him in his bed he of course asks for his blankie. This is when Kellyn tells us that Joe-Joe took it with them when he took them to his house. We called my dad and the blankie was in their Explorer. So Max drove to meet my dad half way for the blankie.  Rhett had to sleep with a substitute purple blankie until he could get his. He didn't want to sleep in his big boy bed without his big blankie so he slept in his crib. I'ms so glad he did because I have a change of crib sheet, but I don't have a change of twin bed sheets.....


Saturday night was rough. Rhett threw up twice which meant I had to do laundry twice in the middle of the night. Needless to say we were not up to going to church. I don't think he had the stomach bug or anything. I think he may have been given too much candy and food by his grandparents while we were gone. Sunday morning he bounced into our bedroom and climbed on the bed and yelled, "I want to play trains!" at 6:30 a.m. How in the world could he have so much energy that early in the morning after the night we had? And he was so chatty. His name means speaker and he was speaking a lot for it being that early. 

Good morning, laundry and kids coloring in my lap. 

Call me crazy, but even after a tired night of throw up and laundry I still love this Mommy life. And this picture just sums it up. My sweet baby girl who puts her tiara back on her head before her feet hit the floor in the morning sharing a toy with her baby brother on top of me. They used me like a table. :)  But it's all good. 

Kellyn made this sign then taped it to the front door. I thought she was going to tape it to her bedroom door, but when we left for a walk I saw it front and center for the public to see. 

Since we didn't go to church we decided to take this opportunity to walk the dog and get some fresh air. We have done really great on our goal to be outside everyday. The kids just put their coats and shoes on over their pajamas. Rhett was totally fine the rest of the day and took a 3 hour nap while I made a dip and dessert for the Super Bowl Party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment