Tuesday, August 6, 2013

New Craft and Homework Table!

We had been needing a new craft table for the kids because the old one was a small one for toddlers that I painted while I was pregnant with Rhett and when Kellyn was 2, but now that Kellyn is 6 and Rhett is 4 it no longer gets the job done. We had resorted to spreading out on the floor. The chairs were too small and their wasn't room for all the supplies to sit on the table while they worked. So I began looking for something larger and more functional with storage perhaps, but I couldn't find exactly what I envisioned in my head plus everything I really liked was way too expensive. So I made my own.

I started with the legs. I wanted the sides to have storage. These desk cube organizers were perfect. They weren't too tall or too wide. So I bought and put together 2 of them. Then I bought 3 packs of these black cubes that slide inside for storing paint, duct table, glitter, glue, ribbon....


My dad cut me some wood for the top then bolted it to the Organizer Cubes for me after I painted the edges white and top with chalkboard paint. I think it will be a great place for Rhett to do crafts and Kellyn to do homework.


My mom found some old chairs in one of her storage buildings that she let me paint white. They are skinny and not too tall!


We need our first craft this weekend to christen the new table. We made crabs and sea turtles in preparation for our trip to Port Aransas where will go crabbing and looking at sea turtles!



No comments:

Post a Comment