Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Last Few Days as a Family of 5

Here are the last few things we did as a family of 5 before Priscilla was born. We had about 3 weeks after school started before her arrival. 

We went to a friend's house to watch the first Aggie game of the season and cheer on my former student, Kyler Murray. I was his 1st grade teacher. I should be receiving my game tickets any day from him. ;)

The kids took selfies. :)


 I went to Dedra's baby shower on Friday, September 11. We are due 1 week apart! I had to squat down to get down on her level. :)

We celebrated my mom's birthday on Saturday, September 12 which is also my aunt Sherilynn's birthday. Then my mother-in-law's birthday was Monday, September 14 which is also Max's aunt's birthday. Basically I just did not want to  go into labor any time between September 11 - September 14 so as to avoid 9/11 and anyone's birthday. 

The next day my mom came down with the stomach bug. She was sick Sunday - Wednesday. :( We held bated breath hoping no one else came down with it. 

On Monday, September 14, I felt sick and lethargic, but did not throw up. My sidekick, Bo, helped me make the big kids an after school snack. Turns out he really likes apples with cocoa almond butter too!

On Tuesday, September 15, I threw up that morning, but then felt better. So went on to my midwife appointment while Maw-maw and dad watched Bo since my mom was still too weak and contagious. The midwife said I was 2 cm and 50% effaced. I figured baby girl would be here by Saturday! I ate lunch then threw up again, but again felt better. Same thing happened after I ate an afternoon snack and dinner. By this time I was feeling weak from not being able to hold food down, but could drink water and was able to stay hydrated. 
All my sweet boys helped me that night with dinner by rolling meatballs. 

The next day, Wednesday, September 16, I was able to eat a few things and keep everything down. Still too nervous to eat too much, but was slowly getting my strength back. I just had to lay round on the couch and rest. Bo was so sweet to want to snuggle with his poor sick mommy most of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment