Sunday, July 31, 2016

The 1st Week of Summer Break 2016

It rained a lot that first week of June this year so we had to occupy our time in doors with a little beach tent play and swimming between rain showers. 

Priscilla's 1st time in the pool in a precious tutu swimsuit! Swimming with these 2 is challenging at best, but they sure are cute. Just trying to keep their little heads above water. The big kids kept trying to splash us. 

This is our first summer with a pool and our first summer with 4 kids. We were hesitant to buy a house with a pool at first, but the combo of the 2 is working out great because just as I romanized in my mind, the big kids are swimming (and are not bored) while the little kids are napping! It's a win win for them and a win for the momma! Max Dixon may disagree considering the extra expense and maintenance of the pool, but I think it's more than worth it! It's heaven on earth in my own backyard.
That is Rosie, our rat. She jumped in the lower basket while Bo was pushing the baby doll stroller. :)
Kellyn and Rhett were so sweet one day to create a fun treasure hunt for Bo. 
You can see the standing water in the grass, but it got worse. On Thursday, June 2, a huge gully washer came...
washing dirt into the pool 2 days before the party. :( Max worked on it as much as he could, but this is what it looked like the day of the party. We finally called the pool guys to vacuum the pool and it was bright blue within 12 hours!
We forgot to put the cover on the sandbox so the boys enjoyed fishing in it. :)
At least all the rain made my hydrangeas bloom!

On Tuesday, June 7, we went to my dad's house to celebrate his birthday. My dad is the coolest. I can't thank him enough for always being there for me, my husband, and my kids. Thank God we moved closer to him. I'm so grateful for all he does for us, dropping everything to help, support, or cheer on any one of us. I couldn't do it without this guy. He is the best grandpa ever. It's pretty much his calling in life. The kids are just as obsessed with him as he is with them. Happy birthday, Dad!
Priscilla's 2nd time in the pool in yet another cute swimsuit and Bo doing what he always does, "fishing" for bugs. I love baby girl swimsuits!

On Friday, June 10, we went out to my parent's house again and played then my mom watched the kids for me for a few hours while I ran errands for Rhett's party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment