Friday, October 21, 2016

Priscilla's 1st Birthday!

One year ago, on September 17, 2015,  I gave birth to my 4th and final baby and began the toughest, loneliest, happiest, saddest, joy filled, most sleep deprived year of my life. It was a rough one for sure with 3 funerals and my dog dying within the first 4 months, but the fact that this baby exists at all is a miracle. The doctor told me I had a less than 1 percent chance of conceiving at the time I did, but God knew the number of hairs on her head long before I knew I even wanted her. I didn't think my heart could swell a 4th time, but it did the instant I laid eyes on her. She is just the perfect piece to our family puzzle that we didn't even know we needed. God is good and sovereign and loving. Look at this precious piece of perfection he knit in my womb. How amazing! God has big plans for this one. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you Hope and a future." Happy Birthday, Priscilla Hope!

We started the morning with donuts and gifts. :)

Every time I call her my pretty princess I thin of this book. So at her party I served all foods that start with the letter P. 
Pomegranate punch, pumpkins, pecan pie, peanuts, pistachios, pretzels, peppers, popcorn, peaches, plums, pickles, and pizza!
It looked a little bit like Snoopy's Thanksgiving feast. :)




We had pink, princess cupcakes and pink, polkadot cake.


Priscilla and Taryn both are September surprises and 4th borns, only 12 days apart. 



Watching the big kids swim in her precious, pink, polkadot, bubble romper. 

The dads and their baby girls decided to swim too. 


But let's keep it real here. By the end of the night the momma was drinking wine with birthday cake and the baby was dancing on the table. It was a really rough 1st year and it needed to be celebrated that it was over and we all survived. 🍷🎂

No comments:

Post a Comment