Friday, June 3, 2011

I am the Mother of a 2 Year Old Boy!!

Just look at him go!

We went to the Arboretum on Rhett's actual birthday, June 1. It was HOT! But fun.


We came home from Arboretum and went out lunch with Mimi, Maw-maw, Jordan and Daddy. Then Mimi brought her traditional homemade angel food birthday cake over. 

After nap time we gave him his birthday gift from us...a tool work bench!!

He played in his new sandbox with his new and very first Tonka truck. And the kid loves bubbles. In fact Bubble was his first word.



Then Daddy took the kids for a bike ride to the park. They came back over an hour later red, hot, and sweaty. It was 95 degrees today!

We ended the day with one last serving of angel food birthday cake.
It is so hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I had a baby 2 years ago and not 6 months ago. He is not a baby anymore. He is a big boy. He can say so many words now and stand up for himself to his sister and run and scream and behave like a toddler. I just can't believe it. I still rock him before he goes down for his nap and bed time and probably will until I can't lift any more. He still strokes my hair whenever I hold him like he has done since he was tiny. Right now he is a momma's boy, but I know this will start to change within the next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment