Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ballet, Tap and Tumbling

Last summer when Kellyn was only 3 1/2 years old I enrolled her in a ballet and tap class at the Rec center. I thought it would be wise to spend less money on a short summer session to test out if she even liked dance or not before enrolling her into a long fall session. Turned out she did not like it and wanted to do gymnastics instead. So, she took gymnastics for a year at North American Gymnastics once a week on Fridays and really enjoyed it. I thought I would give dance another try this summer now that she is 4 1/2 so I enrolled her at DCJ Dance Studio for a little 4 day summer session of ballet, tap and tumbling. On the last day of class they let the parents watch and take pictures. 


Aren't these the cute images you picture in your head when you find out you are having a girl. I don't think she will be a professional dancer or anything, but it's a cute way to stay active and entertained. 




She said she really enjoyed the class and wants to keep taking dance in the fall! So I signed her up for a ballet and tap class at North Texas Dance Academy on Fridays at 11:00. 

Here is some video of the little dance they did on the last day. I love it when they shake their booty in the tap dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment