Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kellyn's 1st Giving

Kellyn gave to the church for the first time today. It was so sweet how on Sunday morning while she was getting dressed she stopped what she was doing to say, "Remember! I need my Giving envelope! I get to give money just like you and Daddy do!" She was so excited. She held on tightly to her envelope during breakfast, brushing teeth and in the car. She couldn't wait to put it in herself. She didn't want to take it to the big sanctuary with us so I asked her Sunday school teacher where she could give it. We found out that there is an offering box in the  big room upstairs where the kids meet for group time so she was able to dump it in directly on her own. Ironically, our pastor spoke to us about how it is better to give than to receive and all the blessings you get from giving. 

"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ” Acts 20:35. 
I pray my children learn this and take it to heart and that Max and I are able to model for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment