Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bible Study Baby Shower

My sweet Bible study friends, who were originally my play group friends, threw me a little baby shower during our normal meeting time. Our babies started playing together in the Carrollton Early Childhood PTA years ago and once they went off to Kindergarten we decided to still get together. I am so grateful for these women and all their prayer, support, and encouraging words as I struggled through 2 miscarriages and the financial fears I had as my husband became self-employed. 


Everyone took their guess of the baby's name.
My favorites were Belvedire and Bartimus. 

I love how they caught my complete shock and surprise as I opened the gift they gave me. For some reason I thought it was going to be a big box filled with diapers and other necessities and things. I did not expect it to be my car seat because I had only registered for that car seat in the event I didn't have a chance to buy it before the baby came and Max could just run out and get the right one by looking on the registry.  


I wrote this thank you note to them on our Bible Study facebook page:

Thank you all so much! I would write you all a handwritten thank you note, but I would just be thanking you all for the same thing so I'll write it here. What precious friends you are and what a wonderful surprise to get my car seat! I was saving gift cards and coupons to go towards the purchase of it, but now, thanks to you, I can buy other essentials that I need! Like diapers! I haven't gotten many diapers. You are all so kind and thoughtful and sweet to want to celebrate the life of this baby boy with me. I am overwhelmed with gratitude in you all helping us out in this way. I loved the shower today and just kicking back and chatting about crazy PTA moms, science projects, and dogs versus rats.  What a blessing you all are. I know you all see each other all the time at school, in the neighborhood, at gymnastics, church, and more, but I only get to soak you all up at Bible study. Thank you all for letting me in your group all those years ago and helping me navigate through my first years of mommyhood. You all met each other through your first borns, but my first born is the same age as your second borns so I came in late and you still let me in. Thank you for that. I've benefited so much from your friendships and appreciate each one of you. Praying we continue to fellowship together for a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment