Sunday, May 17, 2015

My Birthday and Mother's Day!

Considering the way 2015 started I actually had a much better birthday than expected. My birthday fell on the Friday before Mother's Day. I haven't thrown up in a week! I started the morning off having breakfast with my life-long friend, Jennifer Pattersonfollowed by a mani & pedi that Max Dixon treated me to while my mom and maw-maw kept the boys then I met up with them for lunch at Tiereny's. I played with my cool new double stroller and figured out how to work it. Still seems insane that I need a freakin' double stroller at age 37! But God "has plans to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to bring us a hope and a future." We sold the house and all we need now is a new house! God is good and His provision over us is evident.


My neighbor has this double stroller. It is a City Select by Baby Jogger and it is expensive. I've been lusting after it and watching the video of all the cool things it can do every since I saw her out with her newborn and 20 month old. It's not long and not wide like the typical double stroller plus you can move the seats in different places and positions. It can even be rearranged to be used as a single stroller and it folds easily. I never thought I would actually get one. So you can imagine my surprise when I happened upon one at Kid to Kid in Plano. I immediately thought it couldn't be the same City Select stroller I wanted. It must be a knock off or not by baby jogger or something, but nope! It was the real deal sitting right in front of me at a resale shop. And not only that, but it already had the Graco carseat attachment, standing platform, and 2nd seat attachments already on the stroller as part of the price! It was literally everything I needed and wanted all rolled into one. I didn't even pray for this stroller and God still lead me to it. He know the desire of my heart and just wanted to show me and remind me one more time that He's got this. He's going to provide for us and this baby if I would just step back and let Him. Why do I have to be so controlling? Why can't I just trust God from the beginning? I know it sounds cheesy to most to be talking about a stroller this way, but it was such a sign from God for me. Once again I heard the message loud and clear, "I have plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13  Praying for the perfect house now. I know God's going to surprise us with a great one and we will be amazed at his glory and goodness and praise Him all day long! Can't wait!


Then I went to dinner on Saturday night with my good friends that I used to teach with, Amy and Gina. Max surprised me with a tiramisu cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!

The next day, Mother's Day, we were startled out of bed by tornado sirens at 6:50 a.m. A tornado had not actually touched down, but the conditions were right for one and other had touched down in surrounding cities. It was a little disturbing to start off Mother's Day like that, but we made it church in the pouring rain unscathed. 

So blessed to be the mother of these 3 little miracles who fill my heart with LOVE and my life with so much joy, frustration, laughter, tears, excitement, and keep me entertained and on my toes daily. I can't believe God chose me to be the mom of these wonderful children, but getting a descent picture with them is challenging. They were so distracted by the water. It's like they were drawn to it. :)


After church we went to Maw-maw's house for dinner to celebrate my amazing mother and grandmother. Kellyn could not resist playing this the lake that formed in my grandmother's front yard. I am so grateful the drought is over, but we are growing weary of the never ending rain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment