Monday, May 9, 2016

Priscilla's first food! And Chickpea Cookie Dough

Also on the day Priscialla was dedicated we decided to start her on solid food. I put a butternut squash in the crockpot and boom, baby food. Here is fun series of pictures of her trying out her first taste of food at 5 1/2 months old. 






Her second food was avocado and third was chickpeas. Butternut squash and chickpeas are high in iron and breastfed babies often need more iron around 6 months. I just cooked the chickpeas in chicken broth all day until they were super soft and she could grab them and chew them with no teeth. I put the rest in the freezer.


I also used these chickpeas to make chickpea cookie dough! The kids love this as healthy after school snack. There are several versions of this on Pinterest, but this is the one I like best and I double the vanilla extract. 
Ingredients
  • 1 cup chickpeas, drained & rinsed
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Add the first 4 ingredients to a food processor or blender and once that is blended, fold in the chocolate chips.
  2. Eat as is, or refrigerate at least one hour before consuming.
  3. Serve with graham crackers (not included in my calculations).

No comments:

Post a Comment