Monday, May 9, 2016

Rhett got a Rat!

So a friend of mine has a friend who's teenage daughter had a pet rat that she no longer had the time to care for. She wanted to find her a good home, but was hesitant to give her up. My friend contacted me and of course I said I really shouldn't take on another living thing to care for, but rats are sweet and easy. I text Max the picture my friend sent me and he was all for it! And so we agreed to adopt our 5th rat. I have some how become the rat rescue lady. :)


They brought Rosie the rat to our house later in the afternoon on the day we dedicated Priscilla. It was technically the 1st day of Spring Break!



This is Rhett's rat so he helped me make her food.




She really is a sweet rat, probably one of the best we've had since my first rat in the classroom, Mr. Max Rat. He used to sit in my lap after school while I graded papers. :)
 My dad brought us some cardboard tubes to set up as tunnels for her to play. 

Such a great way to kick of Spring Break, with a new pet.
Sadly, we don't know how old she is and rats only live 2 to 3 years and the previous owner thinks she is around a year and a half so she might not be with us very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment