Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Olympics and Friends

On Saturday, August 5, we had our good friends, the Raineys, over for pizza and swimming. To get ready for our guest I began frantically picking up and cleaning the my house, but then I remembered she is also a mom of 4 and gets me. She is that kind of friend. So I stopped and baked cookies with the kids. She is the kind of friend that I can invite to my messy house and not feel judged, but loved. The kind that understands why and is ok with my toddler being naked and my baby eating dog food off the floor. The kind you can be yourself with and leave your unfolded clean laundry on the couch and toys scattered everywhere kind of friend. 
Oh and it just happened to be the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics that night so I made a fund Olympic cookies and bagels instead of cleaning the house. :)


Dedra is pretty much the only person that gets me because we are in the trenches together with 4 kids all the same ages and gender order. Our friendship comes so easy and naturally. It's so easy to hang out with her family because each 1 of my kids pairs up with 1 of her kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment